- Valuation of assets objects, esp. under consideration of the real options approach and non-financial parameters (e. g. ethics components)
- Intertemporal allocation of capital (private financial planning)
- Behavioral science of capital market theory and market microstructure theory
- Financial management of small and medium enterprises.
Focus of teaching are in the areas of capital market asset management and corporate finance. By 2001, Prof. Dr. Henry Schäfer has held the Chair of Business Administration, esp. Finance at the University of Siegen. Prior to his academic activities, Prof. Dr. Henry Schäfer worked as Senior Financial Consultant in an international M&A boutique and a major German bank.
- Deputy Chairman of the Förderkreises Betriebswirtschaft e.V. at the University of Stuttgart
- Member of the Verband der Hochschullehrer für Betriebswirtschaft e.V.
- Concentration Dean for the field of "Finance & Investment" in the MBA program of the SIMT
- Senate representatives of the University of Stuttgart in the Senate Committee of the SIMT
- Member of the German Finance Association e.V.