- 1961-1967 Studies of electrical engineering/communications engineering at the TH Stuttgart, Dipl.Ing.
- 1968-1980 Activities in development, manufacturing, marketing and sales at the Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Böblingen
- 1981-1985 Division General Manager at Böblingen Medical Division
- 1986-1992 General Manager at Medical Products Group Europe
- 1993-2000 Chairman of the Board of the Hewlett Packard GmbH
- since 2001 Honorary professor at the University of Stuttgart, Institute of Business Admistration
- 2002-2004 Chairman of the Board of the Hewlett Packard GmbH
- since 2005 Executive Director of the Menno Harms GmbH, International Management Services