It is possible to write final theses (bachelor thesis / master thesis) in cooperation with department X. An in-depth understanding of the contents, which are conveyed within our courses, is presumed.
Furthermore, Bachelor theses (regardless of the language used for the example topics below) can be written in German or English; Master theses should be written in English.
Topic suggestions for degree theses
- Conceptualizing hybrid approaches between trade-offs and "everything goes"
- Development of a model of the paper reviewing process
- Degrowth and capacity ramp-down in Forrester’s market growth model
- Synthesizing criticisms against the circular economy concept (literature study)
- Modelling and simulating group consensus building
- Counter-intuitive effects of ride-hailing services on traffic congestions: a teaching case-study in modelling (WSJ)
- Using Lego Serious Play in the courses of the department
- “Factory Physics” using system dynamics--a teaching intervention
- Endogeneous demand (e.g. based on service-level) in a dynamic production model
- Occurrence of overconfidence bias in the Beer Distribution Game (experiment)
- Modelling and evaluating resource-based and market-based strategies in stagnating markets using system dynamics
- Implementing a circular economy module in the Limits-to-Growth model (and running simulations)
- Ramp-down of production capacity: necessities and chances from circular business models (conceptual/modelling study)
- Existence and strength of a discrete delay bias: experimental evidence (experimental study)
- Negative footprint illusion in operations: an experimental approach (experimental study)
- The effect of circularity on the resiliency of supply networks (conceptual/modelling/empirical study)
- "The 1972 experiment" - a counterfactual comparison based on the IPAT concept (statistical analysis)
- Simulating altruistic and egoistic considerations of fairness in supply chains (modelling study)
No suitable topic for your thesis?
Please note that the list does not claim to be complete. If you don´t find a suitable topic for your bachelor or master thesis here, please get in touch with our research assistants working in the various fields.